In September 1891 the minutes of record of the Board of Education gives discussion as to the erection of a new school building on the corner opposite of the B.Y.C. (Northeast corner of 1st West and 1st South) L.D. Martin was given the contract but later turned to U.O. Milling and Building Co.
April 25, 1892 the minutes state that the Board met to receive the new Woodruff building for Cole Brothers contractors with Mr. Wilson as architect. At this meeting it was decided to have a lawn planted and an iron fence placed around the building, the bell was to be placed at a later date.
The Woodruff building entrance bares the date of 1891 but must have meant the beginning of construction.
In August 1898 records of minutes show that a discussion of a small addition to the Woodruff was recorded. Edefsen and Thoresen contractors, C.F. Barrett drew the plans.
In August 1907 –February 1908 the Woodruff annex was built. In 1894 W.G. Raymond was the principal.
In Pioneer Days the Woodruff School site was the log yard for a saw pit and first grist and saw mill built in Logan.